Megaforce wants to congratulate entrepreneurs for their success in launching their products. We understand how difficult the process has been. Our company wants to provide support for those entrepreneurs through our Solution Hour program to provide one-on-one consultations to create more success together. This article is part of our solution hour series to interview our experienced and knowledgeable experts at Megaforce to discuss questions that entrepreneurs may have for industry experts.
In this article, Kevin Chen, Sourcing Manager at Megaforce Company Limited joins us to share his experiences about how Supply Chain functions. Chen has had 13 years of experience manufacturing molds and IMD printing. In addition, he has experience handling the post-manufacturing aspects such as printing and laser engraving. As of today, he has been with Megaforce for 14 years. At Megaforce, he is in charge of various types of outsourcing services including molding outsourcing and post-manufacturing outsourcing.
What are the things about outsourcing or supply chain that clients should know?
1. Provide the necessary materials for quoting: The most important things that clients should provide are images and graphics, and 3D or 2D renderings of the images and graphics. Having those two things leads to a more accurate quoting process. We are capable of also dealing with cases where only a sample of the product was provided, but it is more complicated for everyone involved. We may have to take extra steps to identify the material the sample is made of to be able to provide the quote.
2. Quote with multiple manufacturers: If a product is theirs, clients should look to quoting with at least three different manufacturers, because it doesn’t hurt to compare the different pricing options available. Every company has different pricing guidelines depending on factors such as the materials they use, and the dimensions of the product.
3. Review important details on your quote: When clients receive their quotes, they should look out for pricing, materials used, lead time, and minimum order quantity to make their final decision.
4. Experts such as our team at Megaforce are well trained: Experts should understand the manufacturing process, the different methods of manufacturing available, and the different types of materials available. At this point, we can analyze and have a good idea of what method of manufacturing to use and what materials to use just by looking at a rendering or sample. Also, it is important to know what questions to ask your clients and be professional throughout the whole process.
Although clients often see cheap prices for manufacturing in Asia, here are the two reasons clients should work with Megaforce
1. Taiwanese manufacturers produce higher quality products: If you compare Taiwanese manufacturers with other Asian manufacturers, you are more often than not comparing the quality of the products instead of comparing the prices. It is hard to beat Taiwanese manufacturer’s product quality
2. Positive relationship with Taiwanese manufacturers: It is easier to work with Taiwanese manufacturers such as Megaforce MedTech. All of us at Megaforce are highly trained experts, and we work to ensure that your quoting and manufacturing outsourcing needs are met.
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC OR FIND THE SOLUTION FOR OUR PRODUCT, PLEASE SUBMIT A SOLUTION HOUR REQUEST TO TALK TO OUR EXPERTS